Crocheting is a wonderful and creative craft that allows you to turn simple yarn into beautiful and functional items.
One charming project that combines the warmth of crocheting with the rustic feel of a wooden cabin is the “Grandma’s Wooden Cabin Crochet Pattern.”
In this article, we will walk you through the steps of creating this delightful crochet pattern, reminiscent of a cozy cabin in the woods.
Before you dive into this crochet project, gather the following materials:
- Worsted weight yarn in brown (for the cabin walls), green (for the roof), and assorted colors (for flowers and details).
- Crochet hooks in sizes G/4.0mm and H/5.0mm.
- Scissors and a yarn needle.
Note: This pattern uses US crochet terminology.
- Using the G/4.0mm crochet hook and brown yarn, start with a magic ring and work 8 single crochet (sc) stitches into the ring. Join with a slip stitch (sl st) to the first sc to form a circle.
- Chain 1, work 2 sc in each stitch around. Join with a sl st. (16 stitches)
- Chain 1, 1 sc in the next stitch, 2 sc in the following stitch. Repeat * to * around. Join with a sl st. (24 stitches)
- Continue this pattern of increasing in every other round until you have a total of 48 stitches.
- Work even (1 sc in each stitch) for the next 10 rounds.
- Change to green yarn.
- Chain 1, work 1 sc in each of the next 24 stitches. Turn.
- Chain 1, skip the first sc, 1 hdc in the next stitch, 1 dc in the following stitch, 1 hdc in the next stitch, skip 1 stitch. Repeat * to * across. Turn.
- Chain 1, skip the first hdc, 1 dc in the next hdc, 1 hdc in the following dc, 1 dc in the next hdc, skip 1 stitch. Repeat * to * across. Turn.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you have a triangular shape. Fasten off.
- Using the H/5.0mm crochet hook and assorted colors, crochet flowers and other details to decorate the cabin walls.
- Attach the roof to the cabin walls using a yarn needle and the brown yarn. Leave an opening at the bottom for a small pot or plant.
- Weave in all loose ends.
With the “Grandma’s Wooden Cabin Crochet Pattern,” you can bring the charm of a rustic cabin into your home through the art of crocheting.
This cozy DIY project allows you to create a unique piece that combines the softness of yarn with the nostalgia of a wooden cabin.
Whether you’re an experienced crocheter or just starting out, this pattern offers a delightful challenge and a beautiful result that will surely become a cherished addition to your decor.